The first session in the print studio went well. I printed the yellow background and the pink skin color. The next session though I messed up when I left a ruler under the paper (a positioning method I was using) which caused the orange ink to darken at the edge of where the ruler sat (see the arrows in the bottom image below). After three prints, I realized what was happening and tried to fix it, but ended up getting ink on the bottom of the screen, just a number of mess-ups with the third ink. The fourth ink started out well but my pulling technique needs more practice, ink again gathered under the screen (I think I pull too much ink). Later I realized the yellow and pink were too dark anyway, so a failed print, but hopefully a good learning experience.
For theexhibit then, I made a banner print, larger than what the screen print would have been which was good, and on Epson Fine Art paper, a sharp image on a soft cloth-like paper. I printed a few extras to sell at the exhibit.
Below are some process images from the screenprinting sessions.
Above is the cycle-stache illustration with the completed wheel/mustache. Still need to finish the background bicycles, floating wheels for now. May add some additional line work here and there. Didn't get to print this week but hopefully can get the first two colors printed this weekend, then finish up on Monday.